Admins and Moderators *
Who are admins and moderators?
- There are two types of moderators in mig33:
- Global admins
- Room moderators
- Admins and room moderators have similar tasks, which is to maintain peace throughout our community.
- Admins and room moderators can both kick users out of the chat room should they be causing trouble.
- Both room moderator and global admins have yellow colored IDs (as shown below) however global admins can travel from room to room to make sure that users are abiding by our mig33 chatroom policies.
- Room moderators are appointed by room owners and can only kick users who enter their chat room.
- Room moderators can choose to ban a user from a particular room.
- Room moderator kicks will not cause your account to be banned in mig33.
- Multiple kicks from a global admins will stop you from entering chatrooms.
What do I do if I’ve been miskicked by an admin?
- You will need to get in touch with the admin for him/her to clear the kick.
How do I find mig33 Admin?
- To find a mig33 Admin online you may find them in chat room or add them into your contact list.
- You can view a complete list of mig33 global admins here.
How can I become an mig33 Admin?
- We appoint new mig33 Admins only as the need arise for management of the community.
- If we need to select an admin, there are a few criterias that a user must meet before he/she is selected:
- user must be in the selected location (eg. India, Bangladesh, Syria or Indonesia)
- user must be active (eg. how often he/she logs into mig33)
- user must be registered to mig33 for more than 6 months.
- user must not have bad records (eg. multikicking, slanging or abuse)
- user must be active in helping mig33 (eg. helping other users or helping to spread about our promotions)
- Selecting admins is NOT based on popularity or “importance” in the community, though having a deep understanding of mig33 is vital.
- To apply for adminship, please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re the suitable candidate.
- Alternatively you can opt to be your own chat room admin. Once you’ve reach miglevel 10, you can start creating your own room and appoint moderators to help manage it while you’re away. Example:
- The room above is managed by metalwarri0r. He can choose to kick those are causing trouble in his room and also ban them.
What are the mig33 admin guidelines?
- All appointed admins of mig33 will have to abide by certain rules and guidelines.
- You can read more about it here.
How can I report an abusive Admin?
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the details:
- Name of admin
- Date & Time
- It is important that admins are upstanding members of the mig33 community, and as such we treat any justifiable complaints very seriously. However if we find that the claims that you make are false, mig33 will take action the user.
- False claims will lead to the suspension of your account for 2 weeks.